Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April 13th - Chris Arduser!!!


I thought I had already written and posted this until earlier today when I realized that I still hadn't done this, so better late than never, right?

Monday's show was, in my opinion, one of the best that we've had. John interviewed Chris Arduser from 8-9 and then I played Chris Arduser-related music from 9-10pm. This may have been the best interview John has done in the 13 months that the show has been on. It helped that Chris was very personable, very professional and very quick witted. He answered questions that both Lou and I had given to John and he had some great stories. He was on the air for about an hour but it didn't seem like it was long enough. John even mentioned me (and Lou) several times during the interview, which was very nice of him.



One thing that Chris mentioned is that after being out of print for about 20 years, the first two Bears albums, The Bears and Rise And Shine are both now available digitally. I chose two songs off of Rise & Shine because it was out of print but now that it is available again, maybe people can go to iTunes or Amazon or whereever and purchase these two incredible albums from the 80's. Anyway, here is what we played on Monday night:

The Graveblankets - Reversibilite
The Graveblankets - Victim
The Bears - Safe In Hell
The Bears - Little Blue River
Chris Arduser - Put Her Out Of My Misery
The Graveblankets - Haul That Carcass
The BB's - I See Your Love Is There
Psychodots - When There's Rain
Psychodots - I Hope It Works Out
The Bears - Complicated Potatoes
The Graveblankets - We All Thought We'd Make It Big
Psychodots - Instead Of The Bottle




Yes, I know. There is one song in there that Chris Arduser had nothing to do with. I played I See Your Love Is There because I thought it would go well with the rest of the songs. Lou recorded it after spending an entire week listening to the Psychodots and that influence shows up throughout the song. If I can get one new person to check out Chris Arduser's music because of this show, then I'll be happy. But I will also be very happy if I can get one new person to check out Lou Luca's music as well.

Hopefully Chris will come back with Rob Fetters and Bob Nyswonger (the rest of the Psychodots) later in the year. Having Chris was great. Having all three of them on the show would be amazing!

Here are some websites to check out:
www.psychodots.net
www.thebearsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/chrisarduser
www.thebbsmusic.com



Next week John will be interviewing Leaving Texas and I'm still not sure what i will be playing. Tune in to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment