Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 6, 2009 - More Girls


Last week's show was cancelled because John was "quarantined". Right as I was finishing up sending the songs for the week, John told me he was cancelling the show. That meant that I didn't have to put anything together for this week. I would just use what I had sent for last week. That made my 4th of July weekend that much more enjoyable, because I didn't have to spend several hours putting music together.


John's guest was Sara Taney Humphreys who has a novel out called The Amoveo Legacy, which is a romance novel about shapeshifters. It was a good interview. I found her very interesting. Her second book, An Amoveo Heart is due out later in the year. I'm sure my sister Debbie would probably love the books.


For my segment, I decided to revisit the "girl song" theme that I started in May. John decided to run late again, so Donohue's Music Den went from 9:30-10:30. I played some brand new stuff and a few older things. I played all but two of the songs that were sent. I guess I'll hold those two for the next "girl" show. Here is what was played this week:



Young Fresh Fellows - Betty, Let The Good Times Crawl
The Minus 5 - Vintage Violet
The Shut-Ups - Becky B. (It's Summer)
Jellyfish - Calling Sarah
Poundcake - Marian P. Hammer Day
Valentine Smith - Disappointing Mary
Lemonheads - Layin' Up With Linda
Kevn Kinney - The House Above Tina's Grocery
Gear Daddies - Goodbye Marie
Trusty - There Goes Sally





The last time I did this, I started the show with Here Comes Sally, so I thought it was very appropriate to end this one with There Goes Sally. I have no idea what next week's show will be yet, but I'm sure it will be something interesting. I also wanted to thank my lovely lady friends for allowing me to post their pictures again.

No comments:

Post a Comment