Tuesday, November 10, 2009

November 9, 2009 - Back To Normal


It was a long, hard, emotional week and I had no time at all to think about what to play on this week's show. Fortunately, I had enough left over from the previous week that I did not have to worry about anything. The show started at 7:30pm with my segment and we went until about 8:20pm, when the members of the band Honor By August showed up. Here is what we played tonight:



Badfinger - Baby Blue
The Thorns - Blue
Michael Carpenter - Thinking Of You
Paul Collins Beat - Rock & Roll Girl
The Spongetones - Better Luck Next Time
John Hiatt - Washable Ink
Jamie Hoover & Steve Stoeckel - Between The Lines
Beat Farmers - Road Of Ruin
The Skeletons - Trans Am
Morphine - Cure For Pain



I was thinking about going to see Drivin-n-Cryin(who are playing NYC for the 1st time in 10 years) this weekend, but at this point that is up in the air. However, I am definitely going to see Ray Davies next week, so I think that means next week's show will be a good time to play some Ray Davies songs. There have been so many great covers of Kinks songs that I don't know where to begin, but I'm sure I'll find some good stuff. Oh yeah, this week's pictures were taken on my trip to Hallstatt, Austria in 2008.



Just one more thing. I received so much love and support from all my friends last week and it was very touching. But Lou Luca, Rich Tully, John Campbell, Chuck Campbell and Adam Bramwell really went above and beyond with all of their help. Thanks to you and to everyone else! You're the best!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment