Tuesday, November 10, 2009

November 2, 2009 - A Heavy Heart


We were all set to go on the last Monday in October. I had a brand new song from Johnny B Irizarry that I was going to play and Johnny B had a listening party set for the broadcast. Then the show was canceled and everything was pushed back to November 2nd. Johnny B had another listening party planned for this show, but unfortunately he had to listen without me. I was not available to do this show because my mother had passed away very late the night before. I'm told John said some very nice things about me and my family. He also went ahead and played the music that I had planned for the show. He played the Lou Luca ONniversary theme, then he played these:


Continental Drifters - The Rain Song
The Thorns - I Can't Remember
Squeeze - Goodbye Girl (Rockabilly Version)
John Irizarry - Save You, Save Me
Lou Luca, John Irizarry & Wayne Marone - Photograph
Lou Luca - I Met A Girl
The Bears - Mr. Bonaparte
The Raconteurs - Old Enough
John Hiatt - Have A Little Faith In Me
Jamie Hoover & Steve Stoeckel - English Afternoon



I feel very honored to be a part of this show and to have John Campbell as a friend. He dedicated this week's show to my mother and my whole family and I am dedicating this blog to her. Sleep well Patricia Donohue, I will miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment