Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February 1, 2010 - We've reached the bottom


This show is the new standard by which all other bad shows will be judged! It started bad and just went downhill from there. Everything seemed like it was set. I had sent John music to play for the January 11th show. That show didn't happen because of John's car troubles and that music was saved for this show. But when John got to the studio, he didn't had left his drive at work and didn't have any of the music that I sent him.

Even without any music he still wanted me to do my segment and he pick music out of the cd's that he brought plus stuff that was already at the station. What happened from there was just BAD! John couldn't stop laughing while I was on. I had nothing nice to say to John or about the music he was playing. He managed to pick a couple songs that I might have chosen on my own, but he also played a couple that just suckjed and I never would have played.

I'm not even going to bother listing what was played because some of it was so bad! However, one of the cd's at the studio that he pulled out was Countrysides, by Cracker. To go with my mood for the show I chose two songs from that album. Up Against The Wall Redneck Mother and It Ain't Gonna Suck Itself. Another cd was Rainy Day Music by The Jayhawks. From that album, I chose Tailspin. I'm sensing a theme here!

Finally I'd had enough and told John that I was done and he could finish the show on his own. I also told him that I would do something "special" for him the following week. I'm hoping to pick a bunch of music that John will not like. I hope I can make it work. I'm thinking maybe Zappa, Residents, Einsturzende Neubauten, Naked City, things like that. Next week should be another interesting show!

No comments:

Post a Comment