Thursday, February 25, 2010

February 22, 2010 - The first show of the year...for the THIRD TIME!


As usual, I am late getting this this written. Several times during the week I started to put this together and got sidetracked again (to quoto The Doughboys). Now with the latest snowstorm/blizzard keeping me stuck in the house, it's as good a time as any to get this thing done. Here goes....


Back in January I sent John a bunch of music to use for our first show of the year. That show was canceled and the music was put on hold. I brought the music back out for the February 1st show but that was the week that John forgot all my music. Another show cancellation because of a snowstorm,followed by the "payback" show and now we are back to the music from the beginning of the year.


The general theme of that original show was to play some music that I had just picked up. While going through my pc I found a few things on there that I had forgotten were there, so I added them to the list. By the time the songs finally got played this week, I had added a couple extra tracks that I picked up in the last couple weeks. However, there was one song from Sonny Landreth that I wanted to play, but John couldn't find it. I guess I'll have to send it again and we'll use it for a later show. Here is what I played this week:


Hugh Dillon Redemption Choir - My Mistakes
The Black Crowes - Apaloosa
She Swings, She Sways - What I Wouldn't Do
The Doughboys - Sidetracked Again
Drivin' n' Cryin' - I Stand Tall
Matthew Sweet & Susanna Hoffs - Dreaming
Michael Behm - Ticket To Heaven

The Dons - Till We Meet Again
John Lefler - Lucy
The Jones Thing - Faster, Faster
Something Happens - Room 29
Bob Mould - Makes No Sense At All
The Doughboys - Tuesday Afternoon



There were several covers and near covers in here. I Stand Tall is a Dictators cover. Dreaming was the Blondie song. Makes No Sense At All is the Husker Du song that Bob Mould is still performing and Sidetracked Again is a Richard X. Heyman song that he brought with him to The Doughboys and left it in the hands of Myke Scavone to sing. The other Doughboys song, Tuesday Afternoon is a cover of the Moody Blues classic and they turned that orchestral song into a full fledged garage raver! It's one of my favorite covers at the moment(and Ron Cianciaruso liked it so much he wants to do it with his band, The BB's).


The band She Swings, She Sways I just discovered recently. I was impressed with the song and decided to play it. It turns out that John's friend Sammy absolutely LOVED the song. I'm glad she liked it! Thanks Sammy!

That's it for me. Time to go back and watch the snow fall. Till the next show...

No comments:

Post a Comment