Tuesday, August 21, 2012

August 13, 2012 - Is There Anybody Out There Listening?

Last week John made a mention that I had yet to play any Bears or Psychodots (two of my favorite bands) yet this year. I told him I would make sure that I remedied that. Not only did I play Bears and Psychodots, but I also played some Raisins instead. I completed the trifecta!
The Luca Boys are still working on their new album. One of the songs that will be on their is a song called Josephine, originally written and recorded by Lou Luca in the 80's. Since that was from the 80's I decided to choose a few other songs from the 80's. Throw all those together and add a few other great songs andyou've got my playlist for the week, except for one last thing.
I had two songs that I wanted to play together. Actually they were the same song, done by different artists. The song is You Remind me and it was written by Dave Matheson and released on his post-Moxy Fruvous eponymous solo album. Ten years later, Marti Jones and Don Dixon covered the song. I was going to play them together, but John decided he wanted to play Don & Marti's version. So he played that version right before my segment started. Including that song, here is what was played:
Marti Jones & Don Dixon - You Remind Me Lou Luca - Josephine True Believers - Tell Her D.L. Byron - Listen To The Heartbeat The Raisins - A Little Discipline David Matheson - You Remind Me Hindu Rodeo - Pledge Bryan Shumate - Close My Eyes (To See) The Van Delecki's - A Photograph Psychodots - Help Yourself The Plimsouls - Oldest Story In The World House Of Freaks - Remember Me Well The Bears - Success
I had wanted to play the House Of Freaks song When The Hammer Came Down, but John played Remember Me Well instead. Thinking about it, that would have been the perfect way to end the show, but instead we went out with the Bears rocker Success instead. Kinda like mellowing you out to go home, then jacking you back up right before you leave.
We're getting near the end. Only two shows left before our next hiatus. John will be on vacation next week so there will be no show. That means we only have August 27th and September 3rd (Labor Day) as our final two shows. I hope someone will tune in before the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment