Thursday, January 8, 2009

1st Show of 2009: The Letter "A"

I've decided to do a blog for Donohue's Music Den. In this I will list the songs that I played each week along with whatever else I feel like adding. Donohue's Music Den is part of the Independents Uncovered Radio show that airs on http://www.wgmuradio.com/ every Monday night from 8-10pm. The show has been on since March 2008. My segment started in May 2008. Why did I wait until now to start this? Mostly laziness on my part. So here goes.....The first show of 2009.

The first show of 2009 aired on January 5th from 7-9:30pm. John was generous and let me play NINE songs. The songs were:

Ass Ponys: Not Since Superman Died - from the album Grim
Australian Blonde with Steve Wynn: The Last One Standing - from the album Momento
Australian Blonde with Steve Wynn: Suddenly - from the album Momento
Murray Attaway: No Tears Tonight - from the album In Thrall
Jon Auer: Beautiful Stranger - from the album "6 1/2"
Arrogance: Nothing To Fear - from the album The 5' 11" Record
Chris Arduser: She Might Try - from the album The Celebrity Motorcade
The Argument: Speak My Mind - from the album Recess Serendade
Murray Attaway: Fall So Far - from the album In Thrall

The show was supposed to end at 8:45 because the building was closing at 9om, but John went until almost 9:30 and still managed to not get locked in. Oh well. Better luck next time.

I'm really looking forward to the next show, January 12th. That show will also begin at 7pm but this time I will be in the studio and taking everything over. I will be picking all the music. Aside from premiering A Chance, the latest song by The BB's, I have no idea what I will play. But whatever I do play will end up here after the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment