Monday, January 19, 2009

January 19th-125 Records





John had Joe Mallon from 125 records on the show tonight. Due to technical difficulties, the interview started later than usual, which meant that the interview ended later than usual, which meant that I only got TEN MINUTES on the air. I know it happens, but I hate it when I get shortchanged. I got 2 hours and 22 songs last week so I shouldn't complain about 2 songs and ten minutes this week. John wanted to run late, but the annoying brats from Syracuse took over the station at 10:04, cutting off my second and final song. So, what did I get to play this week? I played:

Don Dixon : In A Politician's Bed from The Entire Combustible World In One Small Room
Anton Barbeau: Octagon from The Golden Boot

Had I gotten more time, I might have played Mitch Easter, Statuesque, Alison Faith Levy, Econoghost, The Loud Family, Belle De Gama, Shalini and Gil Ray.

Earlier in the show, John played Astral Man by the Grip Weeds and Thrill Me by The Soundtrack Of Our Lives, so all wasn't lost.

The Donohue Theme Song, which is performed by Joe Marra, Lou Luca and Ron Cianciaruso was played tonight for the 2nd time in 3 weeks. Liz Bratko suggested that I keep track of how many times it gets played this year, so I will start listing whether or not it is played.

January 19th is also the birthday of both Liz Bratko and Mike Stier. Mike missed his birthday wish because he's getting ready to fly to CA but Lizzie was listening and heard her birthday wish. Happy Birthday to both of you!

Next week John will be interviewing Scott Miller. That is an interview that I'm definitely looking forward to. I wouldn't even mind getting bumped for him. I still have no idea what I will be playing next week. I guess you'll have to tune in to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment