Thursday, September 9, 2010

August 30, 2010 - Ready For Labor Day


The music for this show was originally supposed to be played on August 23rd. But unfortunately, John had to cancel that show. That gave me a week where I didn't have to worry about what I was going to play. By the time the show came around, I had forgotten what I had sent so it was all new to me too!


This week, John strayed from the normal show format. He started with last years show starter, Radio Song from Des Coffield and then jumped right into an hour of music from Scotland. He Had no guests scheduled, so after the Scotland hour was over, I was on for the rest of the show. Another twist was that my segment started before I had even called in, so John played the 1st song while he got me on the phone.


I wasn't prepared for almost 90 minutes of music so after we played everything I had sent for the week, we had to dig in to some unused music from previous shows. Late in the show John Irizarry requested a song from Lou Luca. Lou was not listening this week but I covered all the bases by playing a song by WAJOLO, the band that they are both in. By the end of the night, We got in 20 songs during my segment. Here they are:


Utopia - My Angel
The O'Neders - The Kids Are Alright
The Left Banke - She May Call You Up Tonight
Jamie Hoover & Bill Lloyd - Screen Time
Sloan - The Rest Of My Life
She Swings, She Sways - You Stole My Heart
Doug Gillard - Gibraltar
Jim Bob - When You Were My Woman
Bourgeois Tagg - I Don't Mind At All
Doug Powell - Dinah Might
Radio City - It's Ok
Buzz Of Delight - The Story Of Love
The Marigolds - Shame On You
The Breakdowns - Walk Around With You Tonight
She Swings, She Sways - He Loves Me
Moe Berg - How Will I Find You In Heaven
Radio City - Don't Mistake Love
WAJOLO - Down This Road
Paul Weller - Wake Up The Nation
Husker Du - No Promise Have I Made



It has taken me a week and a half to write this thing. Mostly because I forgot about it. I was planning on writing it immediately after the show but didn't. Then I forgot about it for 10 days. I'm sure no one was missing it because no one reads it besides me anyway. We're off for Labor Day and will be back in business on Monday, September 13th. On the 13th I'll have some brand new music as well as some music from a few of my friends. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment