Monday, March 2, 2009

March 2 2009 - 1st Anniversary of Independents Uncovered


On March 3, 2008 Independents Uncovered debuted on George Mason Unversity radio. Now one year later, the show is going strong and celebrating its' first anniversary. I was not part of the first show. I listened to that first show, but had nothing to do with it, other than give John feedback on it. After about a month of me telling John what was missing from his show, he asked me to do a segment on the air. I had no interest in doing that and politely turned him down. But John persisted and finally wore me down and on May 19th I made my debut on the show. Who knew that by March of 2009 that I would be such an integral part of the show.

To help celebrate the anniversary, John asked several artists to send along anniversary/birthday greetings. I will leave it up to John to mention on his page everyone that helped make this weeks show such a success.

For my segment this week, I decided to pick songs that I had wanted to play on previous shows, but for whatever reason, did not get played. In addition, John asked my friend Lou Luca if he would be interested in sending in a birthday wish. Lou agreed and sent in his "Campbell's Show" song. Both John and I are honored to be immortalized in song by Lou. Thanks Lou!!

So anyway, here is what I played this week:
The Minus 5 - I’m Not Bitter
Lou Luca - Campbell’s Show
The BB’s - A Chance
The Chills - Heavenly Pop Hit
Loud Family - A Horse With No Name
Sprengjuhöllin - Taktlaus
California Guitar Trio - Ghost Riders On The Storm




As usual, the show ended too soon, but was a lot of fun to do. Ron Cianciaruso has threatened to write a song for my 1st anniversay. I wonder what he'll come up with? And finally....after a year, it's time to say goodbye to the old logo at the top of the page and say hello to the BRAND NEW Independents Uncovered logo.

Happy Anniversary Johnny! May you have many more and I hope I'm along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment