Monday, March 23, 2009

March 23, 2009 - On the road!

The roadtrip began on Saturday. I started out by driving to Durham, NC to see Arrogance @40! Great show! It was a 3 hour show including intermission. The first set was Arrogance playing with the "special guests" and the second set was just Arrogance. Since I didn't discover the band until after they had broken up, I didn't thinkI would ever get to hear these songs live, so it was great to be able to see the band!

On Sunday it was off to Jacksonville, Fl for an evening hanging out with the Luca family. Lou made a delicious dinner and told me that it hadn't rained in 3 weeks. Right after saying that, it started to rain. It rained for practically all of my 4 hour drive from Jacksonville to Sarasota this morning. It rained a little bit during the game, but it wasn't too bad. The Cincinnati Reds beat the Toronto Blue Jays 3-0. Very well played game! I've got several more games to go to, then it's back to Jacksonville for a few more days, then (hopefully) up to Fairfax to do the show in the studio next week. We'll see how that works.

I had no theme for this week's show. We were supposed to be playing leftover songs from last week. Instead, it was a couple leftovers and a couple things that were played last week. Here is what was played:

The Baseball Project - Blood Diamond
The BB's - A Chance
Arrogance - We Live To Play
Arrogance - Slaughtered Elves
Pete Holsapple & Chris Stamey - Here Without You
Let's Active - Every Word Means No
The db's - Bad Reputation


I didn't get to do the show by the pool because other (louder) people showed up right before I went on the air. Oh well. maybe next time. The vacation now continues. See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment