Wednesday, June 24, 2009

June 22, 2009 - Heading back up north


On Saturday night, June 20th, I finally got to see the BB's play live. I spent the evening with my friends Kirsten and Kevin hanging out, watching the band and generally having a good time. All the pictures for this entry and for last week's entry were taken at that show. Lou, Ron and Dave did a great job. The reggae version of Sweet Home Alabama was definitely a crowd pleaser, as was Folsom Prison Blues and Enter Sandman. Fortunately, they played several originals, including Happy Guy, Save Myself, Take it, Time and Point of View(or was that fish?). Hearing the originals made me VERY happy.


On Monday it was back to the studio on my way back home. Since I was there, that meant technical problems, which culminated in John conducting his interview with Richard X. Heyman without going through the board. He called RXH on his cell phone and then held the phone up to his microphone. High Quality stuff! During the interview, John played 5 songs from Richard X. Heyman. Those songs were:

Pauline
Kenyon Walls
Oh Johnny Oh!
Civil War Buff
12 Bars And I Still Have The Blues



For my segment, I didn't really have anything prepared. When I got to John's place, about 2 hours before showtime, I went through the cd's that I had with me for the trip and picked out a bunch of songs to play. Since I didn't have any cd booklets with me, most of the songs were chosen because the cd had the songs listed on the disc. I played some new stuff, some old stuff, some stuff from my regular bands and a couple obscure tracks from big time acts. Here is the playlist for the show.


The Bears - Life In A Nutshell
The BB's with Adrian Belew - Happy Guy
The Van DeLeckie's - ...it's I'm About You Now
Hedwig And The Angry Inch Original Cast - The Origin Of Love
The Knack - Africa
Ruth Ruth - Turning To Eva
All - Dot
The Tubes - Sushi Girl
Todd Rundgren - Bread
Jamie Hoover - Forgive And Forget
Beat Farmers - Texas
Gutterball - One By One


Next week I finally get to do the show from the comfort of my own home again. It's been awhile since that has happened. I know Evil Demented Bunny will be happy to have me back online next week during the show. I think I may revisit the "girls" theme from last month, since I have plenty of leftovers.


I'd also like to thank Lou Luca for putting me up (and putting up with me) for a week at his house. I had a great time! I also want to thank Kevin and Kirsten Tapee for staying out late with me on Saturday night watching the BB's. I know you enjoyed the band as much as I did. And finally to Lou, Ron and Dave, for putting on a great show. You guys ROCKED! Hopefully I'll get back down to Florida to see you guys play again.

No comments:

Post a Comment