Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April 12, 2010 - The Best of 2009......Part THREE


There's still some great music left from 2009, so the best of continues for the third week! Last week John had Celeste Starchild in the studio, so I was moved back to the 9:00 hour. This week, John had the band Memphis 59 live in the studio, but they didn't go on until 9pm, so I went on at 8pm.


WGMU just installed a new webcam, so in addition to streaming the audio, you can now watch a live feed of the studio. John said he wasn't looking forward to having the webcam, but he definitely embraced it (literally, a couple times). Because of the camera, John was acting goofier than usual.


New technology and John usually mean problems, and this was no exception. Some people were watching the video stream and not running the audio stream. While I was on the air with him, I couldn't be heard on the video feed because I wasn't in the studio. When the members of Memphis 59 got there, you could hear their conversations instead of the music. At some point the bugs may be worked out and the novelty of the video will probably get boring. I still think the audio stream is the way to go!


Anyway, moving on, I had eleven songs left over from the previous weeks and I sent John four additional songs. Then, on top of that, I had a request to hear Big Star's In The Street, which gave me 16 songs to choose from. We got to play 10 of the songs, so that means there are still six songs left to be played. I'm sure I'll fit them in somewhere in the next couple weeks. Here are the 10 that were played:


Timber Timber - Magic Arrow from Timber Timbre
Big Star - In The Street from Keep Your Eye On The Sky
Green Day - Peacemaker from 21st Century Breakdown
Wilco - You Never Know from Wilco (The Album)
Them Crooked Vultures - New Fang from Them Crooked Vultures
Tickled Pink - A Man Like Me from Tickled Pink
Jason Falkner - Princessa from All Quiet On The Noise Floor
The Soundtrack Of Our Lives - Mensa's Marauders from Communion
Grand Duchy - Seeing Stars from Petit Fours
The New Fidelity - Best Time To Say Goodbye from All Here Now



Magic Arrow, from Timber Timbre is a song that I just heard a couple weeks ago. It was used on the tv show Breaking Bad and I found the song so hypnotic and interesting that I had to go out and buy it. Cool Stuff. I have no idea what I'll be playing next week. Anyone have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment