Tuesday, April 20, 2010

April 19, 2010 - Some of This......Some of That


I had a few songs left over from the "best of 2009" shows, but I decided to leave those for a couple weeks and do something else. Instead, I turned on my laptop and grabbed some music that I had on there but wasn't on my other pc. There was a lot more to choose from than I thought there would be.


John's guest was Cindy Wheeler of The Caulfield Sisters. In the 90's she was in the band Pee Shy. I saw The Caulfield Sisters with John last October and they were great! The interview aired after my segment. My segment included these songs:


The Red Button - Cruel Girl
The Spongetones - Don't Bother Me
Eddie Money - When I Come Around
Petra Haden - Odorono
Squeeze - Heartbreak
The Sherbs - I Have The Skill
The Good Rats - Victory In Space
Jeff Beck - Beck's Bolero
Steve Morse & Dave LaRue - Point Counterpoint
Fatima Mansions - A Pack Of Lies



Eddie Money covering Green Day was something that I had to play. He recently recorded two ep's of covers, where he covers Green Day, The Beatles, The Doors, AC/DC, The Four Tops, The Spencer Davis Group and Train. Petra Haden has been played on the show before. Several years ago. she recorded an a capella version of The Who Sell Out.


John really liked the a8coustic Steve Morse instrumental. That version came from a show I saw at The Bottom Line back in 1992. It was a great show. Barbara Ryan enjoyed hearing Beck's Bolero, which is something John would never have played on his own. And Lou Luca thanked me for playing I Have The Skill, a song he hadn't heard since he was a teeenager.


John and I are going to North Carolina this weekend to meet and record Jamie Hoover and Steve Stoeckel. I may or may not be in the studio for next week's show. It all depends on whether or not I've had enough of John by the end of the weekend. We'll have to wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment