Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April 5, 2010 - The Best of 2009......Part TWO


The best of 2009 continues. When putting together music for my best of 2009 show, I gave John at least three weeks worth of music. Last week was part one and this week is part two. I still have plenty left for part three and I may even add a few to make it four straight weeks.


This week John had live music in the studio so I was pushed back to the 2nd hour of the show. Celeste Starchild was the musical guest and was quite good (and the interview was pretty good too!). In my opinion, there's nothing better than live music in the studio. When they were done, I called in, John played the "Donohue Theme" and we were off. Here is what we played:


Cracker - Show Me How This Thing Works from Sunrise In The Land Of Milk & Honey
The Disciplines - Yours For The Taking from Smoking Kills
John Lefler - Dream Your Life Away from Better By Design
The Dead Weather - Hang You From The Heavens from Horehound
Bob Mould - Life And Times from Life And Times
Matthew Swet & Susanna Hoffs - Here Comes My Girl from Under The Covers Vol. 2
Michael Carpenter - I'm Not Done With You from Redemption #39
Michael Behm - If I Could Learn To Fly from Saving America
Dennis Diken With Bell Sound - Standing In That Line from Late Music
Jamie & Steve - Emily's Ghost from English Afterthoughts
The Offbeat - She Can Make The Sun Shine from To The Rescue



Show Me How This Thing Works was for John because every week he has trouble connecting my phone call to the board. This week I had to call in three times before he got it right. She Can Make The Sun Shine was dedicated to Tam and Sammy, who were the only two women that we knew were listening last night. Thank you ladies!


I was tired and a little off my game, but in the end, it ended up being a decent show. Next week will be part THREE of the best of 2009. Will it be the last installment of the best of series? I guess it depends on whether or not I get through what I have left. Tune in next week to see what part three has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment