Friday, July 6, 2012

June 11, 2012 - Our First New Show of the Summer that COUNTS!

After last week's fiasco, things could only get better, right? John made sure to avoid the same problems by putting everything he was going to use onto cd's. That included his interview with Lori Diamond and Fred Abatelli and all the music that I sent him for the week.
I was told the show went well. We were back to our familiar roles. John being a complete idiot and me having no tolerance for him. Isn't that what good radio's all about? The music that I played was the same basic stuff that I had planned for the previous week. Here's what we played.
dada - Dorina The Red Button - Running Away The Luca Boys - Sunset Island Music Flying Colors - Kayla The Atlantics - Lonelyhearts Pousette-Dart Band - Amnesia Nancy Sinatra - Run For Your Life Frank Ciampi - Little Girl The Sugarplastic - Radio Jejune The Deadbeat Poets - The Truth About Flying Saucers
I was very happy to be able to play a new song from The Luca Boys and can't wait until they have more for me to play. After that, it was a hodgepodge collection of new and old, going all the way back to the "interesting" Beatles cover from Nancy Sinatra.
Next week John's interview will be Doug Yowell and I will be playing something, but I have no idea what that will be. Things are starting to feel normal again so hopefully next week will be good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment