Sunday, July 29, 2012

July 23, 2012 - New Music

We were supposed to have a show last week but John wasn't feeling well and cancelled the show. That pushed back what I had planned for last week until this week. We've been doing this for over a month, and I had not played much in terms of new releases. So this week I decided to play nothing but songs released in 2012.
John had no guest scheduled for the first hour of the show, so instead he played music and rambled on for an hour like only John Campbell could. Then at 9pm he brougth me on. I had promised Lou Luca that I would play a new song that he has been working on, called Happy. John, however, didn't have the song downloaded before the show. It took him about 20 minutes to get everything working, but he finally did play the song, albeit and abbreviated version of the song. I think it's a great song and I hope to play more "works in progress" from the upcoming Luca Boys release in the coming week.
So, what exactly did I play? Here is the list. Drivin' N' Cryin' - REM Onward, Soldiers - Monsters The Soundtrack Of Our Lives - Where's The Rock Alejandro Escovedo - Common Mistake Jack White - I'm Shakin' The dB's - I Didn't Mean To Say That Rhett Miller - Love Grows The Luca Boys - Happy Flying Colors - Love Is What I'm Waiting For Jellyfish - Calling Sarah (Live) Guided By Voices - Blue Babbleships Bay Squackett - Divided Self
What have I got in mind for next week's show? I think I'll go back to one of the old stand-bys. I'll do an entire hour of songs with a girl's name in the title. How does that sound? Hope you'll listen next week......oh who am I kidding? No one is reading this blog. I'm doing this strictly as a record of what I've been playing. Maybe someone will stumble on it some day and check out some of the songs. Anyway, thanks for stopping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment